The Complete Guide to Shooting Intimate Portraits
By Critsey Rowe
(Amphoto Books, Paperback, 9780817400118, 159pp.)
Publication Date: September 6, 2011
List Price: $29.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The complete manual to boudoir, one of the fastest growing trends in photography
Once popular mainly with brides, boudoir portraits are now enjoyed by women of all ages to celebrate everything from anniversaries to birthdays to their own independent spirit. This isn’t old-fashioned glamour photography—it’s an altogether new genre, with a focus on flattering the subject and creating stunning, intimate images.
In this one-stop guide, successful boudoir photographer Critsey Rowe reveals all you need to get started with your own boudoir studio, whether you’re an amateur shooting at home or a professional looking to tap into this exciting new revenue stream. Inside you’ll discover:
· A complete guide to boudoir, from equipment, makeup, and styling, to lighting, shooting, and step-by-step retouching.
· Thirty poses to flatter any subject, whatever her body type.
· Essential postproduction techniques to lift, smooth, and tone.
· Tips on making clients comfortable and collaborating with them to produce portraits they’ll love.