The Art of Metal Clay
Techniques for Creating Jewelry and Decorative Objects [With DVD]
By Sherri Haab
(Watson-Guptill Publications, Paperback, 9780823099320, 160pp.)
Publication Date: July 27, 2010
List Price: $24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Since it was first published in 2004, "The Art of Metal Clay" has introduced thousands of readers to metal clay--the moldable, malleable clay that becomes pure metal after it's fired. Now author, designer, and jewelry-making instructor Sherri Haab has updated her classic book to include the most current and user-friendly information on this revolutionary material, including:
- the new bronze and copper clays, with must-have instructions for successful firing
- up-to-date, detailed information on firing with stones
- an improved method for calculating accurate ring sizes
- two recently developed techniques for etching metal clay
- new techniques for adding color, including working with pigments and enamels
- all-new, inspiring galleries of work by prominent metal clay artists.
"New techniques for firing with stones, etching metal clay, working with pigments and enamels, and a section covering the new copper and bronze metal clays fill this beautiful volume. Sherri is a fantastic and thorough teacher, and her oversized step-by-step photos and concise instructions make it easy to be successful." --Bead Design Studio Magazine