A Complete Guide to More Than 100 Essential Projects and Techniques
Publication Date: April 3, 2012
List Price: $24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The Ultimate Guide to Essential Materials, Techniques, and Projects for Calligraphers
From ancient to modern times, the art of calligraphy has brought the written word to life, beautifying folklore, letters, poetry, and more. Embark on a journey through time, as the book examines the history of writing and its transformations. Between these pages, you’ll find:
· A detailed guide to materials, tools, and setting up your own workspace, as well as a troubleshooting section.
· An Alphabet Workbook for practicing all the book’s letterforms, from Foundationals to Copperplate, alongside beautiful examples.
· Clear demonstrations map out every type of line, stroke, and flourish you may encounter.
· Easy to follow instructions for gilding, illuminating letters, mixing colors, flourishing, and creating ornate borders to frame your work.
· A wealth of projects to put this ancient art to practical, modern day use, including wedding invitations, posters, letterhead, and more.
· A comprehensive list of suppliers and calligraphers’ societies all over the country
With something for everyone, Calligraphy Bible offers the tools you need to explore the limitless possibilities of calligraphy. Immerse yourself in this detailed, instructional resource, and, in no time, you’ll be flourishing, gilding, and writing like a calligraphy master!