The Italian Grill
Fresh Ideas to Fire Up Your Outdoor Cooking
By Micol Negrin
(Clarkson Potter, Hardcover, 9781400054220, 192pp.)
Publication Date: May 10, 2005
List Price: $25.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Bored with the same old hamburgers or hot dogs?
How about spicy brine-salted chicken, garlic-studded pork loin, or rosemary-rubbed rib-eye steak? In The Italian Grill, you’ll learn how to grill Italian style, with simple ingredients, no-fuss techniques, and fresh, satisfying flavors. From appetizers through desserts, you’ll see how easy it is to put together an unforgettable weeknight meal or a crowd-pleasing weekend cookout.
• Antipasti and breads such as Grilled Pizza with Fresh Diced Tomatoes, Oregano, and Shaved Pecorino; Bruschetta with Chopped Tomatoes, Tuna, and Capers; and Thinly Sliced Seared Salmon with White Truffle Olive Oil, Three
Peppercorns, and Chives
• Main courses like Herbed Shrimp Threaded on Rosemary Skewers; Chicken Stuffed with Fennel and Prosciutto; and Herb-Marinated Pork Chops over Grilled Pepper Salad
• Side dishes like Sausage-Stuffed Onions and Frying Peppers; Seared Asparagus with Lemon Zest and Chives; and Herb-Basted Portobello Mushrooms Caps
• Desserts including Caramelized Blood Oranges over Creamy Ricotta Mousse; Honeyed Bruschetta with Gorgonzola; and Pears Glazed with Barolo Wine
With the clear, reliable recipes that Micol Negrin is known for, The Italian Grill captures the warmth of Italian entertaining at its casual best. Cooking outdoors will never be the same.
Micol Negrin is the author of Rustico: Regional Italian Country Cooking, which was nominated for a James Beard Award in 2002. She is the former editor of and chief writer for The Magazine of La Cucina Italiana and Italian Cooking & Living. She is the founder and owner of Rustico Cooking Studio in New York City. She also teaches regularly in New York at the Institute of Culinary Education (formerly known as Peter Kump’s) and Grace’s Marketplace, leads cooking tours to Italy, and has taught at the Culinary Institute of America, Johnson & Wales University, and the James Beard Foundation. Visit her at www.rusticocooking.com.