Fete Accompli! Workbook
The Ultimate Party Planning Guide
By Lara Shriftman
(Potter Style, Spiral, 9781400081806, 160pp.)
Publication Date: July 19, 2005
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The Fête Accompli! Workbook is full of chic tips, creative ideas, mouthwatering recipes, and guided lists and charts–all the ingredients that will help make your party sizzle. Whether you’re serving a hangover brunch to heal your five best friends or a sophisticated dinner for fifty, consider this workbook your hip and handy must-have guide to being the ultimate event planner extraordinaire.
You’ll find the experts’ best advice on:
• Creating a concept and a budget for any kind of party
• Choosing the right location, whether you keep it cozy at home, camp out at the beach, or rent a local club
• Designing invitations, from classic to kitschy
• Setting the mood with lighting, music, flowers, furniture, décor, and all the little touches that make a party extra fab
• Stocking a thirst-quenching home bar, whipping up smart cocktails, and serving drinks in style
• Whetting the appetites of your guests using insider secrets from chefs and tips on how to make fast food sophisticated, with sample menus for classic cocktail parties, luncheons, late-night bashes, and more
• Being a flawless host–or guest–with proper etiquette guidelines, gift ideas, Table Setting 101, and the 411 on posing for the camera
• Producing a party from beginning to end with colorful case studies and detailed instructions for eight fierce fêtes, such as a Hamptons-style clambake, a Barbie theme party, an Indian dinner on a $200 budget, and a mani-pedi party
• Re-creating your favorite drinks and dishes from the best restaurants and bars all over the world, like Nobu, Asia de Cuba, Trader Vic’s, Bungalow 8, the Delano Hotel, and Indochine
• Getting what you need. There’s a complete resource guide in the back, not to mention savvy tips from P. Diddy, Russell Simmons, Lara Flynn Boyle, David Copperfield, Hugh Jackman, and Donald Trump.
This workbook includes two handy tabbed folders and a plastic pocket for your receipts and lists.
160 two-color pages (guided), 8 x 9 inches, with a concealed wire-O binding
LARA SHRIFTMAN and ELIZABETH HARRISON are principals of the public relations, special events, and marketing firm Harrison & Shriftman, whose A-list events have included film premieres for Charlie’s Angels, Bridget Jones’s Diary, and The Grinch, charity benefits, hotel and store openings, and product launches.
KAREN ROBINOVITZ covers the champagne circuit for Harper’s Bazaar, Marie Claire, Elle, the New York Times, and other publications.