And Baby Makes Three
The Six-Step Plan for Preserving Marital Intimacy and Rekindling Romance After Baby Arrives
Publication Date: January 22, 2008
List Price: $14.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Don't forget you also have a marriage.
Having a baby is a joyous experience, but even the best relationships are strained during the transition from duo to trio. In "And Baby Makes Three," Love Lab(TM) experts John Gottman and Julie Schwartz Gottman teach couples the skills needed to maintain healthy marriages, so partners can avoid the pitfalls of parenthood by:
- Focusing on intimacy and romance
- Replacing an atmosphere of criticism and irritability with one of appreciation
- Preventing postpartum depression
- Creating a home environment that nurtures physical, emotional, and mental health, as well as cognitive and behavioral development for your baby
Complete with exercises that separate the "master" from the "disaster" couples, "And Baby Makes Three" helps new parents positively manage the strain that comes along with their bundle of joy.
Julie Schwartz Gottman, Ph.D., is the Co-Founder and President of The Gottman Institute. A highly respected clinical psychologist, she is sought internationally by media and organizations as an expert advisor on marriage, domestic violence, gay and lesbian adoption, same-sex marriage, and parenting issues. She is the co-creator of the immensely popular The Art and Science of Love weekend workshop for couples and she also co-designed the national clinical training program in Gottman Method Couples Therapy.