The Essential Green You
Easy Ways to Detox Your Diet, Your Body, and Your Life
By Deirdre Imus
(Simon & Schuster, Paperback, 9781416541257, 304pp.)
Publication Date: December 30, 2008
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
An essential guide to detoxifying your lifestyle and your body, inside and out, from expert and activist Deirdre Imus
In The Essential Green You!, the third volume in the New York Times bestselling Green This! series, Deirdre Imus shares tips on how to "green" the way you take care of yourself, whether with the food you eat or the clothes you wear, or the cosmetics, toiletries, and hair products you use every single day. Deirdre provides detailed, practical advice that includes:
- How to find everything from organic groceries to nontoxic personal care items
- Toxic ingredients to avoid in the products you use every day
- Where to find clothes that are both environment-friendly and fashionable
- Healthy alternatives to commonly used medications
- How to make better eating habits a priority and live more consciously
Living organically doesn't require a drastic overhaul and it doesn't have to be complicated or expensive -- Deirdre Imus shows how easy and important it is for women to "buy green, eat green, and be green."
Deirdre Imus is the founder and president of the Deirdre Imus Environmental Center for Pediatric Oncology(R), part of Hackensack University Medical Center (HUMC) in New Jersey. She is also a cofounder and codirector of the Imus Cattle Ranch for Kids with Cancer, and the author of the bestselling book The Imus Ranch: Cooking for Kids and Cowboys.