A Revolutionary Approach to Effortless, Injury-Free Running
Publication Date: May 5, 2009
Other Editions of This Title: Paperback
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
A groundbreaking program that teaches you how to run faster and farther with less effort, and prevent and heal injuries, for runners of any age or fitness level.
In ChiRunning, Danny and Katherine Dreyer, well-known walking and running coaches, provide powerful insight that transforms running from a high-injury sport to a body-friendly, injury-free fitness phenomenon. ChiRunning employs the deep power reserves in the core muscles, an approach found in disciplines such as yoga, Pilates, and T'ai Chi.
ChiRunning enables you to develop a personalized exercise program by blending running with the powerful mind-body principles of T’ai Chi:
1. Get aligned. Develop great posture and reduce your potential for injury while running, and make knee pain and shin splints a thing of the past.
2. Engage your core. Shift the workload from your leg muscles to your core muscles, for efficiency and speed.
3. Add relaxation to your running. Learn to focus your mind and relax your body to increase speed and distance.
4. Make it a Mindful Practice. Maintain high performance and make running a mindful, enjoyable life-long practice.
5. It's easy to learn. Transform your running with the 10-step ChiRunning training program.
Danny Dreyer, an esteemed walking and running coach, is a nationally ranked ultramarathon runner. He conducts workshops nationwide and lectures frequently at races and events. He is the coauthor, with Katherine Dreyer, of ChiRunning.
"The most exciting and revolutionary book to hit the running community this decade."
-- Toby Tanser, author of Train Hard, Win Easy
"ChiRunning is the solution we've all been looking for to maintain high performance and avoid injury." -- Mark Cucuzzella, M.D., masters winner, 2008 Marine Corps Marathon (2:34)