National Geographic Kids Chapters
Crocodile Encounters: And More True Stories of Adventures with Animals
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
List Price: $5.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
- "Undercover Croc," in which Brady "becomes a crocodile," by donning a specially-designed protective croc suit, and infiltrates a group of Nile crocodiles in Tanzania.
- "Toy Story," in which he uses (and loses) a radio-controlled car with video camera, in a hilarious failed attempt to capture a Nile crocodile in South Africa.
- "Deep Dark Den"--in an attempt to relocate a group of crocodiles causing problems to neighboring villagers in Costa Rica, Brady finds himself underground in a deep muddy hole with thirteen angry crocs.
- "Croc in a Box," Brady tries to move a giant, troublesome croc from Uganda safely to an American zoo, but discovers the croc is much stronger than the "sturdy wooden box" that has been built to contain him.
National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.
Visit www.natgeoed.org/commoncore for more information.
Releases simultaneously in Reinforced Library Binding: 978-1-4263-1029-4, $14.90/$16.95 Can
E-book: 978-1-4263-1030-0, $5.99/$5.99 Can.
Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld worked as an editor of children's books for over ten years before beginning her career as a writer. She has written two other books for the Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science series" What Lives in a Shell?, illustrated by Helen K. Davie, and How Mountains Are Made, illustrated by James Graham Hale. Ms Zoehfeld lives in Norwalk, Connecticut.