Farmer in the Sky
By Robert A. Heinlein
(Baen Books, Mass Market Paperbound, 9781439132777, 290pp.)
Publication Date: June 30, 2009
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
2. Over 25 million Heinlein books are in print in the U.S. alone. For over four decades, his "Stranger in a Strange Land" has been, not just one of the top-selling science fiction novels, but one of the top-selling novels, period.
3. Stephen King has called Heinlein "Not only America's premier writer of speculative fiction, but the greatest writer of such fiction in the world." And Dean Koontz agrees: "If there is any single author who defines science fiction, it is Robert Heinlein . . . there is no other writer whose work has "exhilarated" me as often and to such an extent as Heinlein."
4. Advertising in "Locus," more.
5. Includes teaser chapter for Heinlein's "The Puppet Masters" (trade paperback, 08/09).
6. Cover by Hugo-winning artist Bob Eggleton pays homage to classics science fiction book covers.
7. Heinlein backlist discounts.
The Earth is crowded and food is rationed, but a colony on Ganymede, one of the moons of Jupiter, offers an escape for teenager Bill Lermer and his family. Back on Earth, the move sounded like a grand adventure, but Bill soon realizes that life on the frontier is dangerous, and in an alien world with no safety nets, nature is cruelly unforgiving of even small mistakes. Bill's new home is a world of unearthly wonders--and heartbreaking tragedy. He will face hardships, survive dangers, and grow up fast, meeting the challenge of opening up a new world for humanity and finding strengths within himself that he had never suspected existed.
Comprehensive Teacher's Guide available.