A Sense of Infinity
By Howard L. Myers
(Baen Books, Mass Market Paperbound, 9781439132784, 586pp.)
Publication Date: June 30, 2009
List Price: $7.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
2. "The Creatures of Man," a previous collection of Myers' stories, was praised by "Library Bookwatch" as ." . . a 1960s classic . . . All the stories] are choice reads."
3. Advertising in "Locus," more.
4. Featured book on Baen.com.
- In a post-apocalyptic world, telepaths are common, but young Starn had no trace of telepathic ability, and was persecuted by those who had the talent--until he discovered he possessed an even more unusual ability.
- A criminal mastermind has been captured by the Space Patrol, and a Patrol ship is carrying him to a prison planet. Escape seems impossible, but he has a secret weapon. It's only water--but water with a "very" unusual property.
- In the afterlife, it turns out that one's existence is dependent on being remembered by the living. As you are forgotten, you shrink. How do you avoid this? Why, hire an unearthly public relations firm, of course.
These stories and more, including two full-length novels, fill a large volume of entertaining space adventure and humorous fantasy Inventive by a writer noted for original ideas developed with a sardonic wit.