The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook
Over 300 Delicious Whole Foods Recipes, Including Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, and Egg-
Publication Date: April 29, 2014
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Food is powerful medicine and whole foods, or foods in their natural unrefined forms, offer us vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that prevent diseases and create a state of balance and health within us. Nutritionist Tom Malterre and Chef Alissa Segersten understand that food can be both healing and delicious and in THE WHOLE LIFE NUTRITION COOKBOOK they provide information on the importance of living a whole foods lifestyle, and how to transition into one. Readers will learn to prepare foods that promote optimal health, prevent disease, and energize the body. With over 300 delicious, nourishing recipes, readers will discover amazing, new ways to cook whole grains, fish, poultry, meat and veggies. THE WHOLE LIFE NUTRITION COOKBOOK includes:
- Evidence-based information on whole foods
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and soy-free recipes
- A complete guide to stocking your whole foods pantry
- The whole story on the current diet trends and how to adapt them to best serve your individual needs
- The real story behind toxicity in food and avoiding PCBs GMOs and non-organics
- Recipes that any vegan, vegetarian, carnivore or omnivore will love
Alissa Segersten is a cooking instructor and author of the food blog,www.nourishingmeals.com, empowering people with cooking skills and knowledge of whole foods so that they may reconnect with pleasure in eating delicious, nourishing food.
Tom Malterre, MS, CN, is a certified nutritionist who holds two degrees in nutritional sciences, and is a faculty member of the Autism Research Institute. He coaches physicians and other health care practitioners on using Functional Medicine principals in their clinical practices, and travels the U.S. and Canada lecturing on the biochemical interactions within the body and their relationship to diet.