Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly
600 Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
By Phyllis Pellman Good
(Good Books, Spiral, 9781561487196, 283pp.)
Publication Date: April 2011
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
It's possible to have it all: food from your slow cooker that is scrumptious, low-fat, and convenient to make. With more than 600 recipes that are mouth-watering but guilt-free.
This favorite guide to quick and easy-to-prepare slowcooker food has sold more than 1.2 million copies. It is now available in a Revised and Updated edition! It is possible to have it all: food from your slow cooker that is scrumptious and low-fat, and convenient to make. Here are 600 recipes that are mouth-watering but guilt free. Now you can choose healthy, light dishes, fix them quickly, and then forget about them until mealtime. With each recipe in Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly, Revised and Updated, comes an analysis of its calories, fats, and carbs, as well as what it contributes to your daily vitamins and nutrients. You can feast healthfully—with a minimum of time and fuss. Your family and friends—your waistline and your heart—will thank you.
We've added some enhancements to the original Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook, being careful not to ruin what you've loved about it:
1. Brand New: 100 new recipes for slow cookers, each with nutritional analysis.
2. Brand New: "Prep Time and "Cooking Time" are included for each recipe.
3. Brand New: 4 pages of basic and very helpful "Extra Information": "Substitute Ingredients for When You're in a Pinch" "Equivalent Measurements" "Kitchen Tools and Equipment You May Have Overlooked" "Assumptions about Ingredients in Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly, Revised and Updated."
4. Brand New: 1 page of "Tips for Using Your Slow Cooker: A Friendly, Year-Round Appliance."
5. Brand New: A second color—a spring green—for recipe titles, contributors' names and addresses, the words "Tip" and "Variation," and the numbered instruction steps.
6. Brand New: The drawings on the opening pages of chapters and the spot illustrations throughout.
7. Brand New: 1 page of tip-in color, right inside the front cover.
8. Revised: An improved Index!
9. Revised: A personal Introduction to the book by author Phyllis Pellman Good.
10. Revised: Good's personal comments and voice throughout the recipes.