D.I.Y. Design It Yourself
By Ellen Lupton (Editor)
(Princeton Architectural Press, Paperback, 9781568985527, 195pp.)
Publication Date: January 2006
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"DIY: Design It Yourself," provides you with all the tools you'll need to create your own projects, from conception through production. Here you will find:
- simple ideas on how you can "think like a designer"
- clear and coherent explanations of design technologies, from silk-screening to web development
- what materials you'll need to get your job done
- where to find and buy them
- how much time and experience your project demands
- diagrams that show how to handle complex tasks
- basic typographic dos and don'ts
- the history and theory of the DIY design movement
- hundreds of innovative and beautiful projects for inspiration
No more excuses. With this book, virtually any design task is within your grasp. Just do it (yourself)