A Course in Resourceful Thinking
Shambhala, Paperback, 9781570622052, 144pp.
Publication Date: August 29, 2002
- The essentials of wise leadership
- Decision-making without prejudice
- Inspiring loyalty and maintaining authority
- Determining an individual's true character
- Encouraging the best in people
- Achieving success without sacrificing happiness.
"A glistening jewel of wisdom that gracefully rearranges the tangles of commercial life. The Human Element contains more practical 'management' advice than the last decade's worth of how-to books. Don't read it once. Not even twice. If you care about your business, work, or family you will want to read it for the rest of your life."—Paul Hawken, author of The Ecology of Commerce and Growing a Business
"Thomas Cleary's new book should be required reading for everyone at IBM and all other endangered corporations. It elucidates the principles of four Oriental traditions including Confucianism and Taoism, to show how they can be useful in the management of human resources. The Human Element is chock full of good ideas for leaders."—Milton Moskowitz, coauthor of 100 Best Companies to Work For in America