How to Be an Adult in Relationships
The Five Keys to Mindful Loving
Publication Date: June 18, 2002
List Price: $15.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
1. " Attention" to the present moment; observing, listening, and noticing all the feelings at play in our relationships.
2. " Acceptance" of ourselves and others just as we are.
3. " Appreciation" of all our gifts, our limits, our longings, and our poignant human predicament.
4. " Affection" shown through holding and touching in respectful ways.
5. " Allowing" life and love to be just as they are, with all their ecstasy and ache, without trying to take control.
When deeply understood and applied, these five simple concepts--what Richo calls the five A's--form the basis of mature love. They help us to move away from judgment, fear, and blame to a position of openness, compassion, and realism about life and relationships. By giving and receiving these five A's, relationships become deeper and more meaningful, and they become a ground for personal transformation.
Hendricks has been a pioneer in the field of mind-body integration for 30 years.