The Old Farmer's Almanac
By Old Farmer's Almanac (Manufactured by)
Old Farmer's Almanac, Paperback, 9781571985736, 288pp.
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
List Price: $6.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
America’s best-selling annual publication is also the most beloved. A reference book that reads like a magazine, the Almanac contains “everything under the Sun, including the Moon”—facts, feature articles, and advice that are “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor.” The 2013 edition, which marks the publication’s 221st anniversary, will feature
• weather predictions for every day and climatic trends for each season, plus hints of how a low sunspot cycle could influence conditions in the coming years
• the most accurate astronomical data in the solar system, with best-viewing recommendations for every month
• safe and easy home remedies for each season’s most common—and uncomfortable—aches and ailments
• fail-safe gardening tips to ensure a hefty harvest, ideas for using vegetable plants as ornamentals, plus gardening by the Moon
• delicious recipes for homebaked cakes, cookies, and pies; plus readers’ best bacon dishes
• amusing and enlightening articles on raising children, kisses, and why pets bite (and how to stop them)
and much, much more! Added value this year:
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color national weather maps of winter and summer forecasts