A User's Guide
By Suzanne Brown
(Artisan Publishers, Paperback, 9781579653163, 224pp.)
Publication Date: May 2007
List Price: $19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Find out how to:
- paddle a canoe; shuck an oyster; track the tides; do a flip turn
- play badminton, bocce, and horseshoes
- turn seashells into wind chimes; tid-dye T-shirts
- prepare summer staples such as the sea breeze, barbecued spareribs, and lobster rolls
- build a campfire; grill your just caught trout; toast s'mores
- spruce up your summer rental; banish mildew; get the upper hand on berry stains
- read the night sky; identify animal tracks, leaves, and clouds
- handle the flag with respect and remember all the words to the national anthem
- get back to flying a kite and using a hula hoop
- play card games, word games, lawn games, and pool games
- host an instant party with 20 effortless appetizers
- become the most sought-after house guest or host
- make bird feeders; grow sunflowers; lure butterflies to your garden
- keep the kids occupied with fun activities for car trips and rainy days
- organize a clambake or a picnic; hang a tire swing; pack for a hike
- contruct towering sand castles; master the art of knots.
Whether you're in a cabin in the mountains, in a rental at the beach, at a weekend house in the country, or taking it easy in town or in your own backyard, " Summer: A User's Guide" is the summer necessity--packed with practical guidance, inspiring suggestions, useful resources, engaging history, nostalgic reminiscences, and the promise of a dream summer to come.