How to Get Any Job
Life Launch & Relaunch for Everyone Under 30
By Donald Asher
Ten Speed Press, Paperback, 9781580089470, 234pp.
Publication Date: October 20, 2009
List Price: $16.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
HOW TO GET ANY JOB is the first book that definitively answers the following questions, and many more:
- What is "life launch" and how is it different from getting a job?
- Why do employers hire people like you?
- Which skills do employers value most? (They're not what you think )
- How do non-tech people get hired and thrive in tech companies?
- How do you set yourself up to get promoted?
- How do you prove you have skills that don't show up on your transcripts?
- How do you get experience if you can't get a job, or have the "wrong" major?
- How can you get famous and influential people to help you?
- How do you hit restart if you get stuck in a dead-end job out of college?
- What should you do if you're a graduate and living in your parents' basement?
- What should you do if you're a junior to make sure you don't end up in that basement?
Whether you're twenty and still in college or twenty-nine and still wondering how to start your life, HOW TO GET ANY JOB offers the most creative and innovative thinking on life launch to date. It is used by college career centers nationwide.
“a clear process for job search that will work at any age.”
—Syndicated “Working Strategies” career columnist Amy Lindgren
“Career guru Donald Asher has updated his job search bible...perfect for every soon-to-be college grad who hasn’t thought beyond finding paid employment in order to get out of his parents’ house.”