What Color Is Your Parachute? 2010
A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers
By Richard N. Bolles
(Ten Speed Press, Paperback, 9781580089876, 336pp.)
Publication Date: September 22, 2009
List Price: $18.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
What Color Is Your Parachute? has been the bestselling job-search book in the world for more than three decades, in good times and bad, and it continues to be a fixture on best-seller lists, from New York Times to BusinessWeek. It has sold more than 10 million copies and has been translated into 20 languages around the world. What Color Is Your Parachute? is streamlined this year to help those struggling to find part-time and full-time employment in these hard economic times acquire the job-search tools they need faster and more efficiently. This classic job-search book is, as always, updated and relevant to today’s job market.
Career guru Richard N. Bolles leads job-searchers to find meaningful employment. He asks, WHAT skills do you most love to use? Where—in what field—would you most love to use them? And how do you search for such a job without depending on employment agencies and ads? This book is not only about finding a job in hard times. It’s about finding your passion. In the words of Fortune magazine: “What Color Is Your Parachute? remains the gold standard of career guides.”
This New York Times and BusinessWeek bestseller answers such questions as:
• I was just laid off from my current job. What do I do first?
• What are the most helpful job sites on the Internet, out of the thousands that are there?
• What are the five best–and worst–ways to hunt for a job?
• I haven’t a clue how to do salary negotiation. Help!
• In general, what are employers looking for?
• What interview questions can I expect to be asked, and how do I answer them?
• I’m over 50. What special problems do I face when I go job-hunting?
• How do I survive financially while I’m out of work, and how do I find health insurance when I have no employer?
[This is the trade paperback edition.]
RICHARD N. BOLLES has been a leader in the career development field for more than thirty-five years. He was trained in chemical engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and holds a bachelor’s degree cum laude in physics from Harvard University and a master’s in sacred theology from General Theological (Episcopal) Seminary in New York City. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with his wife, Marci.