How to FIT IN, STAND OUT, and MOVE UP at Your First REAL Job
Publication Date: April 13, 2010
List Price: $14.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
If you're a recent college graduate or new hire, "Effective Immediately" shows you how to excel at your first job and jump-start your career. As an up-and-coming professional, you'll learn how to transform yourself from entry-level employee into skilled, invaluable all-star during your first year on the job.
Accomplished young professional Emily Bennington and her mentor, seasoned manager Skip Lineberg, empower you to:
- Establish yourself as a top performer from day one
- Use every task--even grunt work--as an opportunity to shine
- Earn the respect of your boss, colleagues, and clients
- Cope with conflict, mistakes, and toxic coworkers
- Land key assignments and gain greater responsibility
- Manage projects and lead teams like a pro
Packed with practical advice, useful resources, and wisdom from former newbies, this savvy hand-book gives you the tools, knowledge, and confidence you need to reach your highest potential.