Complete Handbook of Novel Writing
Everything You Need to Know about Creating & Selling Your Work
Publication Date: June 2002
Other Editions of This Title: Paperback
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
In "The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing, 2nd Edition," you'll learn from the invaluable advice of established writers. Discover new ways to generate ideas, implement intriguing techniques, and find the inspiration you need to finish your work. This fully-revised edition includes a revamped marketing section that covers the unique challenges of today's publishing market and the boundless opportunities of online promotion.
Inside you'll find expert advice from dozens of bestselling authors and publishing professionals on how to:
- Master the elements of fiction, from plot and characters to dialogue and point of view
- Develop a unique voice and sensibility in your writing
- Manage the practical aspects of writing, from overcoming writer's block to revising your work
- Determine what elements your story needs to succeed in a particular genre science fiction, fantasy, mystery, suspense, inspirational, romance (mainstream and Christian), or historical fiction
- Find an agent, market your work, and get published or self-publish successfully
"The Complete Handbook of Novel Writing" is your one-stop resource for everything you need to know about the craft and business of creating a bestseller."