Around the Writer's Block
Using Brain Science to Solve Writer's Resistance
By Rosanne Bane
(Tarcher, Paperback, 9781585428717, 320pp.)
Publication Date: August 2, 2012
Discover the tricks that your brain uses to keep you from writing—and how to beat them. Do you:
- Want to write, but find it impossible to get started?
- Keep your schedules so full that you don’t have any time to write?
- Wait until the last minute to write, even though you know you could do a better job if you gave yourself more time?
- Suddenly remember ten other things that you need to do whenever you sit down to write?
- Sabotage your own best efforts with lost files, missed deadlines, or excessive self-criticism?
Rosanne Bane lives in Minneapolis with her partner and their two dogs, Blue and Kelda.