When the Past Is Present
Healing the Emotional Wounds That Sabotage Our Relationships
By David Richo
Shambhala Publications, Paperback, 9781590305713, 214pp.
Publication Date: July 8, 2008
List Price: $16.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Drawing on decades of experience as a psychotherapist, Richo helps readers to:
- Understand how the wounds of childhood become exposed in adult relationships--and why this is a gift
- Identify and heal the emotional wounds we carry over from the past so that they won't sabotage present-day relationships
- Recognize how strong attractions and aversions to people in the present can be signals of own own unfinished business
- Use mindfulness to stay in the present moment and cultivate authentic intimacy.