The Best Buddhist Writing 2011
By Melvin Mcleod (Editor)
(Shambhala, Paperback, 9781590309339, 336pp.)
Publication Date: September 20, 2011
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
A thought-provoking mix of the most notable and insightful Buddhism-inspired writing published in the last year.
The Best Buddhist Writing 2011 includes:
• Karen Miller's story of love, marriage, and dishes
• Joanna Macy on the First Noble Truth and healing from the legacy of Chernobyl
• Brian Haycock's taxi ride on the Dharma Road
• His Holiness the Dalai Lama's manifesto on tolerance
• Dzogchen Ponlop on the rebel buddha inside you
• An adoption love story by Leza Lowitz
• Ira Sukrungruang's humorous meditation on death
• Elizabeth Mattis-Namgyel on finding the courage to live in reality as it is
• Susan Piver on the wisdom of a broken heart
• Thich Nhat Hanh on healing the wounded child within
• Matthieu Ricard's answer to the question: why meditate?
• Rick Bass on the lessons of the Gulf oil spill
• Pico Iyer's insider's look at the heart of the Dalai Lama
• And much more