The Taoism Reader
Publication Date: June 12, 2012
List Price: $14.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"The Taoism Reader" includes:
- "Tao-te Ching" the foundational source of Taoist thought by the legendary Lao Tzu
- "Chuang-tzu" philosophical dialogues from one of Taoism's most famous sages
- "Huai-nan-tzu" teachings from the time of the Han dynasty on affairs of state, natural science, and Taoist psychology
- "Wen-tzu" records of further sayings by Lao Tzu on the art of living
- Tales of Inner Meaning: fables, stories, and jokes from the Lieh-tzu and others on the subtleties of Taoist philosophy
- Sayings of Ancestor LU teachings from LU Yen, a seminal figure in the founding of the Complete Reality school of Taoism and master synthesizer of China's classic spiritual traditions.
Thomas Cleary is the translator of "Opening the Dragon Gate" by Chen Kaiguo and Zhen Shunchao and "The Story of Chinese Zen" by Nan Huai-Chin, as well as "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu, "The Book of Five Rings" by Miyamoto Musashi, "The Japanese Art of War," and dozens of other titles on martial philosophy, Buddhism, Taoism, religion, and philosophy. He was born in 1949 and lives in Oakland, CA.