The Mindful Way Through Pregnancy
Meditation, Yoga, and Journaling for Expectant Mothers [With CD (Audio)]
By Susan Piver (Editor)
(Shambhala Publications, Hardcover, 9781590309667, 124pp.)
Publication Date: September 11, 2012
List Price: $16.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"The Mindful Way through Pregnancy" features:
- Yoga and meditation teacher Anne Cushman on finding balance amid the emotional ups and downs of pregnancy
- Author Celia Straus on bonding with your child during pregnancy
- Yoga teacher Jennifer Brilliant on caring for your changing body
- Meditation teacher Judith Lief on calming your fears about childbirth and parenthood
- Author Mimi Doe on setting your intentions for parenthood
- Zen teacher Karen Maezen Miller on mindfulness and the childbirth experience
Also included is an audio CD of guided meditation instruction for four simple meditation practices for expectant mothers. Drawn from the Buddhist tradition, these practices offer different ways to develop a sense of calm well-being throughout pregnancy.
“Kudos to Piver for not glossing over the hard parts of pregnancy.”—Shambhala Sun