What Would Audrey Do?
By Pamela Keogh
(Gotham, Hardcover, 9781592403721, 272pp.)
Publication Date: April 10, 2008
List Price: $22.50*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Though on-camera she was often cast in the role of a carefree ingénue, Audrey Hepburn's off-camera life was marked by challenges: growing up without a father and with the Nazi threat during her youth; a demanding film career while she was a young mother; unfaithful husbands and two divorces; and constant scrutiny from the media. Yet Audrey Hepburn always epitomized beauty and grace. In the tradition of What Would Jackie Do? bestselling author Pamela Keogh culls lessons in loveliness from a woman who survived every setback with panache. Topics include:
* Dating and romantic advice from a woman who enjoyed romances with John F. Kennedy, William Holden, and Albert Finney
* A primer on what made Audrey the icon she is today, and how to apply her style choices to twenty-first-century clothes, makeup, and accessories
* Raising children, raising husbands, and making home life balanced in every way
* St. Audrey: Long before Angelina and Bono got all the press, Audrey Hepburn did invaluable work for UNICEF, teaching us much about extending ourselves to others.
In an era fraught with selfishness, artifice, and sensational headlines, the reality and tranquility of Audrey is precisely what the world needs now.