Take Back Your Family
A Challenge to America's Parents
Publication Date: August 5, 2008
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The stars of MTV's top-rated Run's House--dubbed "the new Cosby family"--offer a vital rescue manual for modern parenting.
An icon of hip-hop, a father of six, and an ordained minister, Rev Run has developed a parenting style that is in a class by itself. With his wife, Justine, he launched the blockbuster reality series Run's House on MTV, now filming its fifth season. The show has proven wildly popular in large part due to the way the Simmons family responds to very twenty-first-century issues. Emphasizing firm boundaries, noble values, discipline, and faith in an age marked by shallow materialism and fragmented families, Rev Run now shares the proven principles that have given his children a firm foundation, including:
* Run your family as the COEs: Chief Officers of Everything.
* Understand that you can never correct what you don't confront.
* Lead by example, not by preaching: Hypocrisy and parenting are a destructive combination.
* Today's fast-paced world can often make children feel small; your job is to help them feel large.
* Older children need more rules and parental involvement, not less.
Reaching an average weekly audience of 4.1 million viewers, Run's House speaks to America's fascination with high-profile parents. Take Back Your Family brings home the behind-the-scenes wisdom of hip-hop's first family to everyone seeking solid guidance for raising a new generation.