Mama Knows Breast
By Andi Silverman
(Quirk Books, Paperback, 9781594741654, 160pp.)
Publication Date: August 1, 2007
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Breastfeeding may be natural, but it isn’t always easy. Mama Knows Breast is the essential new-mom’s guide to nursing—full of friendly, frank, and reassuring advice. Here is all the information you need to get through breastfeeding’s ups and downs, including:
• How to position your baby for optimum results
• How to cope with unexpected leaks, ill-fitting clothes, and sleep deprivation
• When, where, and how to breastfeed in public
• How your spouse can help
• Anecdotes from moms who’ve experienced it all—and lived to tell about it
• Tips on pumping, stockpiling, weaning, and more
Written by journalist and mom Andi Silverman—with a foreword by pediatrician Dr. Stephanie Freilich—Mama Knows Breast provides the straight scoop on breastfeeding your baby in the real world. Think of it as your new “breast” friend.
Andi Silverman is a journalist and video producer who lives with her husband and sons in New York City.
“This little guide has a pretty great sense of humor, and it manages to cover a wide variety of topics and answer really compelling questions with an easy, light-reading style that will keep even sleep-deprived new mommies turning its pages.”—Sacramento Parent Magazine