The Smart Traveler's Passport
By Erik Torkells;
(Quirk Books, Paperback, 9781594741777, 224pp.)
Publication Date: February 1, 2007
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
The Smart Traveler’s Passport is a collection of 399 of the best travel tips you’ll ever read, compiled from the pages of Budget Travel magazine. You’ll learn:
• 13 different uses for Ziploc bags
• How dental floss can double as a tape measure
• Where to find the best street food in cities worldwide
• How a digital camera can help you find your rental car
• Why clearing your Web browser’s cache will lead to lower prices on airfare and hotel reservations
• How to avoid long lines at the world’s most popular attractions
Erik Torkells is the editor in chief of Budget Travel magazine, the most trusted travel magazine in the United States. Nearly two million people read every issue. With its emphasis on real travelers, the magazine is the go-to source for anyone interested in smarter, easier, and more affordable travel.
“Best Itty-Gritty Guidebook.”—Reader’s Digest
“This book is very small and will make a great travel companion no matter where you go thanks to its practicality and size…Many of the tips will likely be things that never would have popped into your head, but are genius.”—Press-Enterprise