By Marnie Old
(Quirk Books, Hardcover, 9781594742613, 192pp.)
Publication Date: July 1, 2009
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Inside Tips from Top Wine Experts
Michael Mondavi, Jacques Pépin, Gina Gallo, and Kevin Zraly are just four of the contributors to Wine Secrets—a compilation of tips and tricks from today’s top wine experts, with advice on everything from buying and tasting to cooking and pairing. Readers will discover:
• How to find the best wines by sticking to the classics
• How to judge whether a wine is “good”
• How to act like you know what you’re doing when ordering wine
• How to guesstimate wine style from packaging clues
• How to taste wine like a pro
• And much, much more!
Sommelier Marnie Old is one of the country’s top wine and beer educators. She teaches for New York’s Astor Center and Philadelphia’s Temple University and has served as the director of wine studies for Manhattan’s French Culinary Institute. Her first book, He Said Beer, She Said Wine, is a lively and entertaining debate on which drink pairs best with food.