Friend or Faux
By Heather Wagner
(Quirk Books, Hardcover, 9781594743207, 128pp.)
Publication Date: March 1, 2009
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Keep your friends close—and your frenemies closer!
From the true blue to the truly diabolical, Friend or Faux is your essential guide to identifying the characteristics, habitats, and catchphrases of the most common female friends and frenemies, including
• The Backstabby Friend (“You look exhausted . . . ”)
• The Crazy Cat Lady Friend (“You won’t believe what Butterscotch just did!”)
• The Flirts-with Every-Guy-Including-Your-Dad Friend (“Stop it! I’m so ticklish!”)
• The Pity Junkie Friend (“I just don’t know what’s wrong with me!”)
• The Artsy Friend (“I’ve been thinking a lot about foam lately.”)
With more than eighty hilarious profiles organized by color-coded “threat level,” Friend or Faux teaches you how to keep and cherish your closest companions—and how to evade the rest.
Heather Wagner has written for Elle, Travel & Leisure, Dwell, Antenna, Domino, and SOMA magazines. She lives in New York City.
More than 150 writers from 40 events will gather in New York City for PEN World Voices Festival of International Literature, April 28 – May 4, 2014.
For its 10th anniversary, the festival celebrates those who have dared to stand ‘on the edge,’ risking their careers, and sometimes their lives, to speak out for their art and beliefs. Join us for a wide range of events, including debates, one-on-one conversations, participatory workshops and performances in venues throughout the city. Use the code PEN14 (use PEN2014 for events at The Public Theater) and receive a 20 percent discount on most events. www.worldvoicesfestival.org