The Goodnight Book for Moms and Little Ones
Publication Date: July 27, 2010
List Price: $17.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
- Literary Excerpts: Ten excerpts relating to sleep, stars, and dreams from beloved children's classics. In "Charlotte's Web," Charlotte sings Wilbur to sleep; in "Mary Poppins," she glues stars to the sky; and in "James and the Giant Peach," James falls asleep in the web hammock under the soft light of a glowworm.
- Tales & Legends: Fourteen stories from "Sleeping Beauty" and "Rip Van Winkle" to creation tales of the moon and stars from different cultures.
- Songs: Ten songs and lullabies, including "Dream a Little Dream of Me," "Goodnight" by Lennon and McCartney, and "Hush, Little Baby."
- Poetry: Fourteen poems, including "The Land of Nod" by Robert Louis Stevenson, "Is the Moon Tired?" by Christina Rossetti, and "Afraid of the Dark" by Shel Silverstein.
- Activities: Twenty activities to make bedtime easier (sleep-inducing sachets, clothespin guardian angels, relaxation exercises) and enjoyable (glow-in-the-dark sleep shirt, galactic mobile, hibernating beanbag bear).
- Recipes: Twelve recipes combining sleep-inducing ingredients for dinners and before-bedtime snacks as well as dreamy sweets like Full Moon Cookies, Overnight Surprise Cookies, and Soothing Smoothies.
- Prayers: Ten bedtime prayers from various cultures and faiths.
Lena Tabori is publisher, director, and founder of Welcome Enterprises, Inc., a publishing and packaging company based in New York and San Francisco.
She has spent her professional life in publishing, beginning at Harry N. Abrams in 1967, which she later left to create Welcome and to cofound Stewart, Tabori & Chang, a publishing company. Love is an enduring subject for Tabori, who has previously edited Kisses, published by Turner Publishing, in 1991, and Love: A Celebration in Art and Literature with Jane Lahr for STC in 1982.
Lena Taborilives in San Francisco and New York City with her significant other, Frank.
Natasha Tabori Fried is managing editor at Welcome Enterprises. She was formerly an associate producerat the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour andFox News Channel.