Secure Daughters, Confident Sons
How Parents Guide Their Children Into Authentic Masculinity and Femininity
By Glenn T. Stanton
(Multnomah Books, Paperback, 9781601422941, 276pp.)
Publication Date: January 18, 2011
List Price: $14.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
In this eye-opening book, family researcher Glenn T. Stanton offers a clear vision for why gender matters in how we raise our children. His thought-provoking insights expose the problems with stifling stereotypes and damaging cultural assumptions, then highlight a practical pathway for guiding children into healthy manhood and womanhood.
- what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages--and why you shouldn't panic if your toddler boy plays with his sister's dolls.
- how to help your daughter become secure in her sense of significance--whether she prefers chasing butterflies or shooting hoops.
- how to inspire your son to compete and take healthy risks--in ways that fit his unique personality.
- how moms and dads complement one another as they discipline differently, comfort differently, and influence differently.
- what you can do on a daily basis to nurture your children's God-given design and help them resist the pressure to conform to arbitrary cultural rules.
With practical tools, well-researched insights, and real-life scenarios, this book equips parents to launch daughters who are secure in the power of their femininity and sons who are confident in their strength to make a difference in the world.