For Women Only in the Workplace
What You Need to Know about How Men Think at Work
By Shaunti Feldhahn
(Multnomah Books, Hardcover, 9781601423788, 260pp.)
Publication Date: July 19, 2011
List Price: $15.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Do You Know the Unwritten Rules of the Workplace?
As a veteran of Wall Street and Capitol Hill, Shaunti Feldhahn knows that even the most experienced Christian businesswoman can inadvertently sabotage her career simply because she doesn’t know how her male supervisors, colleagues, and employees think.
For Women Only in the Workplace gives you startling insights into the expectations and perceptions of men at work. Whether you work in a corporate setting, a small business, or a ministry, you’ll find Shaunti’s research invaluable as you discover:
· What you need to know about a man’s hidden insecurity
· What “it’s not personal, it’s just business” actually means to men
· How men view emotion in the workplace—and what they consider to be emotion
· How what you wear can significantly hinder your effectiveness at work
· The secrets to being strong and competent—without being viewed as difficult
Based on eight years of intense research, extensive interviews, and national surveys of more than 3,000 men—from CEOs to assistants, from factory workers to lawyers—For Women Only in the Workplace gives you the keys you need to be who you are and be respected and successful wherever you work with men.
Includes a group discussion guide.
She and her husband, Jeff, are well known authors of such books as For Women Only and For Men Only. They are active leaders in their Atlanta-area church and the parents of two children.