The New American Landscape
Leading Voices on the Future of Sustainable Gardening
By Thomas Christopher (Editor)
Timber Press (OR), Hardcover, 9781604691863, 255pp.
Publication Date: April 2011
List Price: $34.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
"The New American Landscape" offers designers a roadmap to a beautiful garden that improves, not degrades the environment. It's a provocative manifesto about the important role gardens play in creating a more sustainable future that no professional garden designer can afford to miss.
- John Greenlee and Neil Diboll on the new American meadow garden.
- Rick Darke on balancing natives and exotics in the garden.
- Doug Tallamy on landscapes that welcome wildlife.
- Eric Toensmeier on the sustainable edible garden.
- David Wolfe on gardening sustainable with a changing climate.
- Elaine Ingham on managing soil health.
- David Deardorff and Kathryn Wadsworth on sustainable pest solutions.
- Ed Snodgrass and Linda McIntyre on green roofs in the sustainable residential landscape.
- Thomas Christopher on waterwise gardens.
- Toby Hemenway on whole system garden design.
- The Sustainable Site Initiative on the managing the home landscape as a sustainable site.