The Gardener's Guide to Cactus
The 100 Best Paddles, Barrels, Columns, and Globes
By Scott Calhoun
(Timber Press (OR), Paperback, 9781604692006, 248pp.)
Publication Date: January 2012
List Price: $24.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
At last: a book that shows readers just how easy, hardy, and rewarding cactus can be for everyone -- not just specialists. Succulent plant expert Scott Calhoun picks 100 of the best cactus available and shows how they can make striking additions to your garden or serve as dazzling container specimens.
Whether you want striking form, gorgeous flowers, or a low-maintenance plant for a spot that needs little or no supplementary water, you'll find it in this friendly, informative, eye-catching guide.
- Detailed descriptions of the 100 best cactus for gardens
- Stunning photos
- Expert advice on planting and care
- How to show cactus
- Tips for growing cactus in containers
- Best tools and planting media
- How to identify and avoid pests
- Helpful lists of spineless, culinary, and scented cactus