A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
List Price: $29.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
Running time: 6.25 hours
The art of mindfulness can transform our struggles with food and renew our sense of pleasure, appreciation, and satisfaction with eating. Practiced for centuries in the Zen tradition, mindful eating is an approach that involves bringing one's full attention to the process of eating--to all the tastes, smells, thoughts, and feelings that arise during a meal. Whether you are overweight, suffer from an eating disorder, or just want to get more out of life, this book offers a simple tool that can make a remarkable difference.
Audiobook listeners will learn learn how to
- Tune in to the body's own wisdom about what, when, and how much to eat
- Eat less while feeling fully satisfied
- Identify habits and patterns with food
- Develop a more compassionate attitude toward struggles with eating
- Discover what we're really hungry for.
Jan Chozen Bays is the abbess of Great Vow Zen Monastery, and the author of Jizo Bodhisattva.