A Practical Guide to Interactive Web Pages
By David Thau
(No Starch Press, Paperback, 9781886411364, 400pp.)
Publication Date: January 2000
Other Editions of This Title: Paperback
Enter your zip code below to find indies closest to you.
- Work with frames, forms, cookies, and alarms
- Use events to have your pages to react to a user's actions
- Perform image swaps and roll-overs
- Use windows to make a remote control or a picture frame
- Store user preferences with cookies and build a shopping cart
- Use Dynamic HTML to turn web pages into multimedia applications
The CD-ROM includes code and images for every example in the book (including the real-world ones), answers to the assignments, script libraries for hard-to-program applications, and many useful software programs.
Thau! has been creating Internet applications since 1993, starting with bianca.com, the first web-based community on the Internet. He was Director of Software Engineering and Senior Scientist at Wired Digital, and has taught programming languages to hundreds of artists, engineers, and children. He is currently creating data sharing platforms for people studying biodiversity and working towards a PhD degree in computer science at UC Davis.