Welcome to IndieBound To-Go! Take a look at what we have to offer and use our take-home materials in your community. Feel free to customize, print and distribute these files to help spread the IndieBound word.
Who can use this stuff?Indie Businesses and Organizations: We have lots of ways to use IndieBound in your stores and communities to promote shopping locally and the value of indie businesses. Use the posters and displays in stores, giveaway the buttons and other promotional items, sell the locally-made t-shirts, and hand out the handouts.
Other Folks: If you're interested in sharing the IndieBound message with your neighbors, in your classroom, and with your local businesses, download and print these materials and spread the word. Of course, you can keep them for yourself; they are pretty cool... (And check out the newest: bumper stickers!)
ABA Member Bookstores: Please visit the Bookseller Do-It-Yourself, where you have access to these and many more materials!
Questions about IndieBound? Check out our FAQ or email Greg Galloway at email@example.com. Use is subject to the terms and conditions of the materials license, including IndieBound's receipt of all proposed uses.
Please note: Rights to photographs and drawings are limited to their use as originally contained in the files. This art may not be extracted for other uses.
IndieBound in Action
- Check out testimonials from booksellers and other independent retailers on how IndieBound is working in their communities.
- Recent news on IndieBound in communities:
The MovementRecent news & studies on shopping locally:
- Indie retailers outperform chains during Holiday 2008
- 10% shift to shopping independent makes significant impact
- Keep up with current Shop Local news in Bookselling This Week and the Hometown Advantage
Groups & Resources
- American Independent Business Alliance (AMIBA)
- Business Alliance for Local Living Economies (BALLE)
- Institute for Local Self-Reliance (ILSR)
- A Declaration of Independents by Stacy Mitchell, senior researcher at the ILSR and author of The Big Box Swindle
- American Booksellers Association's Shop Local information
- Find an independent business group near you: