Dear Julia (Hardcover)
Greenwillow Books, 9780060294588, 336pp.
Publication Date: October 14, 2008
Other Editions of This Title:
Library Binding (10/14/2008)
Elaine Hamilton has never wanted to be the center of attention. She'd like nothing more than to cook quietly in her kitchen, mastering French cooking with the recipes of the great Julia Child.
So how did she end up with cameras zooming in on her and a crowd cheering her on?
Well, it involves . . .
an eccentric best friend named after a font,
- five lively brothers constantly asking, “What's for dinner?”
- a rotten fig and a weakness,
- a feminist congresswoman mother,
- a yoga-practicing father,
- a chest full of unsent letters,
- and many, many roast ducks.
Delicious. Just delicious.
About the Author
Amy Bronwen Zemser is the author of Beyond the Mango Tree, an ALA Booklist Top of the List Editors' Choice and Publishers Weekly Best Book, which the New York Times called "astonishing." She lives in Poughkeepsie, New York, with her partner and their son Raymond.