Keeping Passover (Paperback)
HarperOne, 9780060675530, 352pp.
Publication Date: February 18, 1995
List Price: 16.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase
"Although the idea of 'keeping Passover' has too often come to mean the strict observance of an unending string of ordinances, decrees, rules, regulations, testimonies, precepts, laws, and statutes, it can as well mean the safekeeping of something precious and worth preserving. Tradition should be like the ballast that keeps a ship steady in an ocean of constant stormy change."From one of the nation's leading Haggadah experts comes the ultimate guide to creating a faithful and personal seder celebration. Emphasizing "thou may" instead of "thou shalt," Steingroot presents all the traditional and alternative options. Keeping Passover explores:
- the meaning of the Passover symbols
- how to choose the right Haggadah
- food, cookbooks, and table arrangements
- music, recordings, and learning to sing the songs
- ways to involve children
- the art of keeping Passover fresh every year