The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children (Paperback)
A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children
HarperCollins Publishers, 9780060931025, 352pp.
Publication Date: February 1, 2001
- reducing hostility and antagonism between the child and adults
- anticipating situations in which the child is most likely to explode
- creating an eviornment in which explosions are less likely to occur
- focusing less on reward and punishment and more on communication and calloborating problem solving
- helping your child develop the skills to be more flexible and handle frustration more adaptively
In "The Explosive Child, you'll find ways to regain and optimism and to handle your child's difficulties competently and with compassion. With Dr. Green's realistic, expert advice, you and your child will discover a relationship you can both feel good about.