Reinventing Comics: The Evolution of an Art Form (Paperback)
The Evolution of an Art Form
William Morrow & Company, 9780060953508, 256pp.
Publication Date: July 25, 2000
The new century manifesto on the many futures of comics art
In 1993, Scott McCloud tore down the wall between high and low culture with the acclaimed international hit Understanding Comics, a massive comic book that explored the inner workings of the worlds most misunderstood art form. Now, McCloud takes comics to the next level, charting twelve different revolutions in how comics are created, read, and perceived today.
Part One of this fascinating and in-depth book includes:
- The life of comics as an art form and as literature
- The battle for creators' rights
- Reinventing the business of comics
- The volatile and shifting public perceptions of comics
- Sexual and ethnic representation on comics
Then in Part Two, McCloud paints a breathtaking picture of comics' digital revolutions, including:
- The intricacies of digital production
- The exploding world of online delivery
- The ultimate challenges of the infinite digital canvas