Rainy Day Friends
A Novel (The Wildstone Series #2)
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (6/18/2018)
Mass Market (4/21/2020)
Paperback, Large Print (6/19/2018)
MP3 CD (6/19/2018)
Compact Disc (6/19/2018)
Compact Disc (6/19/2018)
Following the USA Today bestseller, Lost and Found Sisters, comes Rainy Day Friends, Jill Shalvis’ moving story of heart, loss, betrayal, and friendship.
Six months after Lanie Jacobs’ husband’s death, it’s hard to imagine anything could deepen her sense of pain and loss. But then Lanie discovers she isn’t the only one grieving his sudden passing. A serial adulterer, he left behind several other women who, like Lanie, each believe she was his legally wedded wife.
Rocked by the infidelity, Lanie is left to grapple with searing questions. How could she be so wrong about a man she thought she knew better than anyone? Will she ever be able to trust another person? Can she even trust herself?
Desperate to make a fresh start, Lanie impulsively takes a job at the family-run Capriotti Winery. At first, she feels like an outsider among the boisterous Capriottis. With no real family of her own, she’s bewildered by how quickly they all take her under their wing and make her feel like she belongs. Especially Mark Capriotti, a gruffly handsome Air Force veteran turned deputy sheriff who manages to wind his way into Lanie’s cold, broken heart—along with the rest of the clan.
Everything is finally going well for her, but the arrival of River Green changes all that. The fresh-faced twenty-one-year old seems as sweet as they come…until her dark secrets come to light—secrets that could destroy the new life Lanie’s only just begun to build.
Praise For Rainy Day Friends: A Novel (The Wildstone Series #2)…
— Publishers Weekly (starred review)
“This second book in the “Wildstone” series displays best-selling author Shalvis’s knack for creating witty, humorous, warmhearted characters dealing with complex emotional situations. Fans of Susan Mallery or Kristan Higgins will be adding this to their stack of summer beach reads.”
— Library Journal
William Morrow Paperbacks, 9780062448149, 384pp.
Publication Date: June 19, 2018
About the Author
New York Times bestselling author Jill Shalvis lives in a small town in the Sierras full of quirky characters. Any resemblance to the quirky characters in her books is, um, mostly coincidental. Look for Jill’s bestselling, award-winning novels wherever books are sold and visit her website, jillshalvis.com, for a complete book list and daily blog detailing her city-girl-living-in-the-mountains adventures.
Conversation Starters from ReadingGroupChoices.com
1. What would you do if you found out the person you loved had been living a double life?
2. If Kyle hadn’t died, would Lanie have stayed married to him? Would River?
3. Would you be able to be friends with your husband’s mistress?
4. After such a big betrayal, would you be able to trust and love another person again?
5. Was Lanie right in running away from her home?
6. What do you think Holden’s backstory is?
7. Do you think Lanie and River would want to meet the other women Kyle was “married” to?
8. Do you think Lanie and her mother could ever be close? They made amends somewhat, but could they ever be a real part of each other’s lives?
9. If you were in Lanie’s position, how would River being pregnant affect your feelings toward her? Would you be able to accept the baby and not be jealous when you had also wanted children?