Are You My Type, Am I Yours? (Paperback)
Relationships Made Easy Through the Enneagram
HarperOne, 9780062512482, 192pp.
Publication Date: September 15, 1995
Don't just love 'em and leave 'em—explore the nine personality types and find the lover, soul mate, partner, or colleague who's your perfect match! The authors of the popular Enneagram Made Easy takes a wonderfully witty approach to relationships with this fascinating guide to the Enneagram types and how they relate to one another.
The Enneagram, a renowned personality typing system that is enjoying enormous popularity, explains why we behave the way we do, providing an important tool for self-discovery and insight. Are You My Type, Am I Yours? explores each of the nine types and how they interact in love, work, family, and friendships. Each chapter is filled with intriguing details, witty cartoons, simple personality tests, and examples of "famous couples" of each type to help discovery and appreciate your own type and those of the people you've involved with—or could be.
The 9 types of people
- The Perfectionist Motivated by the need to live life the right way, improve yourself and others, and avoid anger.
- The Helper Motivated by the need to be loved and appreciated and to express your positive feelings towards others.
- The Achiever Motivated by the need to be productive, to achieve success, and to avoid failure.
- The Romantic Motivated by the need to understand your feelings and to be understood to search for the meaning of life, and to avoid being ordinary.
- The Observer Motivated by the need to know everything and understand the universe, to be self-sufficient and left alone, and to avoid not having the answer or looking foolish.
- The Questioner Motivated by the need for security, to feel taken care of, or to confront your fears.
- The Adventurer Motivated by the need to be happy and plan fun things, to contribute to the world, and to avoid suffering and pain.
- The Asserter Motivated by the need to be self-reliant and strong, to make an impact on the world, and to avoid being weak.
- The Peacemaker Motivated by the need to keep the peace, merge with others, and avoid conflict.
About the Author
Renee Baron has been in private practice for more than twenty-five years and has taught countless workshops and seminars on the value of understanding your personality type. She uses the Enneagram and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator™ personality assessments to give people practical yet powerful tools to develop clarity into their own and other people's behavior. Her books have been published in seventeen countries and include The Enneagram Made Easy, What Type Am I?, and Are You My Type, Am I Yours?
Elizabeth Wagele is a leading expert and one of the most popular writers on the Enneagram. Her published books include The Enneagram Made Easy; Are You My Type, Am I Yours?; and The Enneagram of Parenting. A graduate of UC Berkeley, Wagele blogs regularly about personalities and other subjects.