Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits: 140 Simple Solutions to Lower Energy Costs, Increase Your Home's Efficiency, and Save the Environment (Paperback)
140 Simple Solutions to Lower Energy Costs, Increase Your Home's Efficiency, and Save the Environment
McGraw-Hill/Tab Electronics, 9780071636391, 220pp.
Publication Date: March 5, 2010
This hands-on guide shows you how to access your home's energy efficiency, and offers 140 energy- and money-saving solutions you can use right away. Inside, you'll find simple, no- and low-cost measures to identify problems and increase your home's livability and efficiency--as well as your expendable income--each and every year.
Whether you're moving into a brand new home, buying an existing property, or improving your current residence, you'll find the practical tips and step-by-step projects inside Do-It-Yourself Home Energy Audits will dramatically reduce your energy usage and boost your savings in no time.
Discover how to:
- Implement immediate no- and low-cost improvements for lighting, heating, electricity, insulation, water use, and more
- Identify and modify the most costly appliances in your home
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Develop a personal energy plan
- Determine how and when to contract your green renovation
- Understand ratings, standards, and conversions
- Fund your green home improvement projects and take advantage of grants, rebates, and tax incentives