In-depth, practical details on geothermal HVAC systems
This definitive guide covers commercial and residential geothermal heating, ventilation, and air conditioning technologies and explains how to take advantage of their money- and energy-saving features. Geothermal HVAC: Green Heating and Cooling reviews the array of choices currently available, offers market values for systems based on varying options and conditions, and describes how to pair the best systems for each application and budget. Whether you're a contractor or a consumer, you'll find out what you need to know to implement a geothermal HVAC system in a retrofit or new construction project, and start benefiting from this sustainable, affordable technology.
Find out how to:
- Learn the basic types of heat transfer--convection, conduction, and radiation
- Understand how geothermal earth-coupled heat pumps work
- Determine which ground loops to use for earth coupling to best meet the demands of the site
- Use load sharing to channel the heat differential of one device into useful energy for another
- Calculate system efficiencies and heat gain and loss
- Understand geothermal project proposals and system pricing
- Benefit from incentives, tax credits, and rebates for geothermal HVAC systems
- Calculate your long-term return on investment
- Verify that your installed system is working as intended
- Troubleshoot your system and avoid common problems
McGraw-Hill Companies, 9780071746106, 272pp.
Publication Date: November 9, 2010