Build Your Own Small Wind Power System (Paperback)
McGraw-Hill/Tab Electronics, 9780071761574, 472pp.
Publication Date: November 30, 2011
Written by renewable energy experts, this hands-on resource provides the technical information and easy-to-follow instructions you need to harness the wind and generate clean, safe, and reliable energy for on-site use.
Build Your Own Small Wind Power System shows you how to install a grid-connected or off-grid residential-scale setup. Get tips for evaluating your site for wind power potential, obtaining permits, financing your project, selecting components, and assembling and maintaining your system. Pictures, diagrams, charts, and graphs illustrate each step along the way. You'll also find out how you can help promote wind-friendly public policies locally. Save money and reduce your carbon footprint with help from this practical guide.
- Challenges and impacts of small wind energy
- Electricity, energy, and wind science
- Determining if wind power is right for you
- Site assessment
- Financing small wind power
- Permits and zoning
- Wind turbine fundamentals
- Choosing the right wind turbine for the job
- Balance of system: batteries, inverters, and controllers
- Installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Future developments in wind power